The usual practice is for an instructor to ask for a testimonial.
This recommendation, however, is completely voluntary as I really
believe anyone considering lessons would benefit from Mike's
Mike is not only an extremely experienced skate, he is a great
teacher too. I've been skating for about four years now, but Mike
was able to pick up on the tiniest points which dramatically
improved my skating.
Mike is experienced, patient, has a wealth of skating knowledge,
and really knows what he's talking about. On top of that, he spots
and rectifies even the tiniest problems unique to each skater,
whether you've been skating for ten years or ten minutes.
If you're a long-time skater, or completely new, a speed skater,
or out for a little recreational fun, I would highly recommend
taking lessons from Mike!
Benefits of group skating courses:
- Most effective learning and the best value for money option
- You get lesson notes for each lesson so you have hard copy to practice from
- Group lessons are an excellent social and good fun
- If you miss a lesson, you can replace it with one from another group
- Where: Albert Memorial, Kensington Gardens (click
here for map).
- Cost: £70 for standard course of 6 hours
(either over 4 weeks, 1.5 hour lesson per week,
or 3 weeks, 2 hours per week).
- Course 12 - Tue 14th May, 19:00-21:00
- Course 13 - Thu 23rd May, 19:00-21:00
- Course 14 - Sat 25th May, 12:00-14:00
- Course 15 - Sun 2nd June, 14:00-16:00
- Course 16 - Tue 11th June, 19:00-20:00
- Course 17 - Sat 22nd June, 14:00-16:00
- Course 18 - Wed 26th June, 19:00-21:00
- Course 19 - Sun 7th July, 13:00-15:00
Suitable for those who can skate a little, but can't stop or turn, or those
who've not skated before. The syllabus goes as far as T-stopping and backwards,
both intermediate skills, and includes 5 different stops, two different turns, a
number of balance drills, and should see most people skating with considerably
more confidence and ability after completing the course.
Cost: £70 for the full course of 6 hours spread over 3 or 4 weeks.
Includes lesson notes and the chance to take a missed lesson from
another course. Group sizes are kept small, with other instructors brought
in as necessary to ensure high quality and plenty of personal attention.
There are regular chances to catch up any missed lessons as well, so if you can't
make one week, no problem!
Suitable for anyone who's completed a beginners course, or who can parallel turn in at least one direction:
- Intermediate weekday - Thursday 16th May 19:00-20:30 (£15)
- Intermediate weekday - Wed 29th May, 19:00-21:00 (£20)
- Intermediate weekend - Sun 9th June, 11:00-13:00 (£20)
- Intermediate weekday - Wed 19th June, 19:00-21:00 (£20)
This will cover a wide range of skills based on wishes of who attends.
Book a lesson now:
Fill out this form to contact Mike van Erp, or call me on 07714 096 972. Please
note these are for inline skating (rollerblading) and quad skating lessons (old
school roller skating) only.
The lessons are at your own risk, and they are postponed if surfaces are
wet or it's raining. This is for safety reasons - reduced traction is the
last thing you need when I'm stretching your abilities.
You must have at least wrist guards and knee pads, elbow pads are advised. Everybody falls sooner or later, even the best
If you miss a lesson, you can take the same lesson from one of the other
Albert Memorial Map:
The Albert Memorial is a tall monument with a gold statue of Prince
Albert with a spire and cross above, directly opposite the Royal Albert Hall
on Kensington Gore Street. See
this map - click here.